Friday, February 08, 2008

"Mommy has a baby in her tummy."

Yes, the time has finally come for number two!!! We are just on the cusp of our 12 week mark and couldn't be more excited. Oliver is thrilled and has almost blown my cover several times by blurting out "Mommy has a baby in her tummy". Fortunately he is two and isn't quite articulate enough for most people to understand. So far, no one has let on that they understood what he was saying. Being pregnant with an active toddler definitely has its challenges. I am constantly nauseous and exhausted. Oliver has decided to give up his nap which has proven to be exceptionally challenging when all I want to do is snooze. Good thing he goes to bed around 6:00 so I can too! Our due date is Aug 27 which coincides perfectly with the start of preschool for Oliver. At least then I will get a couple of hours a week to tend soley to the baby or hopefully take a nap myself.

My babysitter called in sick the other day when I was scheduled for my first trimester screening. So I had to take Oliver with me. I was a little apprehensive at first, but it ended up being a lot of fun. I'm sure Oliver had no idea what he was looking at but he acted as though he could see the baby. Oliver chatted the technicians' ear off and proceeded to tell her how he was going to share his toys with the baby and that he wanted a baby girl over a baby boy. So cute! I guess it is all fun and games until the baby comes out.

This is the 11 week ultrasound of number two (the baby's name as of now). Unfortunately I can't get the scanner to work on my computer so a fuzzy photo will have to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The Cooper family rocks, keep it growing ; )

XX Boots

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I guess the cat is out of the bag! We can't wait to hold this little munchkin!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations guys! I am so thrilled to hear the news and so excited for all of you. It will be great for Oliver to be a big brother.

Best wishes to all.

Jackie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! That is sooo exciting! Oliver will make a great big brother!

Love: Sandra, Kyle, and Jordan