I am now eight months pregnant! Only eight more weeks to go!!! I had a Dr. apt on Tuesday and my little boy is still breech!! He still has time to move so Eric and I talk to him everyday and tell him to move. I also rub my belly a lot hoping it will encourage him to go face down. The funny thing is that he has moved since last apt because his body is in the opposite position but he is still head up. If he is still not head down by thirty-six weeks then we schedule a c-section for one week prior to my due date. We can also try to turn him externally but the success rates of that procedure aren't too high and I'm sure if I like the idea of some one doing that to me and my baby. But I am keeping my fingers crossed because I really want to experience labor and don't want to have to have surgery.
I was in the airport flying home from Austin on Monday and looked down to discover that my ankles were twice the size that they normally are. It was pretty funny looking and uncomfortable. I couldn't really point or flex my feet and it hurt to walk. My feet were also really fat and I couldn't see any of the bones. It is weird when your body doesn't look like your own anymore. Some one has literally taken over my body. Fortunately the swelling has gone down a lot since then. I think a combo of the heat and being on feet a lot made me swell up so much.
Eric and I had our first baby class. It was Baby CPR and full of info that I hope I never have to use. We learned about resuscitation, choking, SIDS, and other safety tips. I found out that as well as blankets, pillows, and stuffed animals, there shouldn't be any bumpers in the crib. So my really cute crib wont be so cute once the baby starts sleeping in it. We also learned that 80% of carseats are installed incorrectly so we are going to have ours inspected once we get it to make sure it is in properly.
My sister in-law Saira gave me a whole bunch of hand me downs last week. It is so nice to know some one who has a baby that is a little older than yours. I really made out like a bandit with clothes (baby and some maternity), toys, a breast pump (yeah!), etc. Thanks Saira!!
Thursday, August 11, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment