Thursday, August 18, 2005

Thirty-three weeks

Saturday I am having my baby shower. I am very excited for it. Erin and Cristina are flying in for it which is so nice of them. There are going to be 20 people (all locals except Erin and Cristina) so it will be a nice size. I can't wait to see everyone and eat lots of yummy food!!!

On Monday Eric and I met with our pediatritian for the first time. I really like her because she is young and full of energy. She is also a little weird which is good since she deals With kids. Her practice has special hotlines for information about nutrition, sleeping, breastfeeding, etc. They are also open Sat and Sun which is very helpful so you don't have to go to the emergency room if your baby gets sick on the weekends.

I believe Oliver is still head up, but I will know for certain when I go in for my next appointment on Wed. He is still moving a lot but it is mostly just squirming and what I think is stretching. I think the poor guy is stuck. Last night in yoga we did some inversions which are supposed to encourage the baby to move head down. I got very excited because he started moving like crazy. Unfortunately I got a bloody nose from all of the blood rushing to my head so I had to stop doing them (pretty embarrassing too!). I think I will try them again at home but with a box of kleenex near by.

It is getting more uncomfortable sleeping at night. My feet are always really hot and my back and my hips ache. I shove a pillow between my knees to take the pressure off my hips but then I get really hot. It also feels weird sleeping on my left side because sometimes I feel what I think is his head between me and the bed. I don't like that because I feel like I might be smooshing his face or something and I don't want to him to come out with a pancake face. I really wish I could sleep on my back!!! My spine is finally starting to feel the strain of having a bowling ball-like weight pulling it forward. I stretch it a lot and do pelvic tilts but it is still pretty sore. Oh well, only 6 1/2 weeks to go!

No comments: