Thursday, June 16, 2005

Twenty-four Weeks

I am now six months pregnant! Pretty crazy! I am large enough now that strangers are asking me about my pregnancy. I guess before people weren't quite sure and didn't want to say anything and make the mistake of me not being pregnant. I have started to get swollen fingers :o( It doesn't help that it has been extremely hot and humid here. I am drinking a lot of water and trying to avoid salt so hopefully that will help. I have also found that wearing any shoes other than flip flops or tennis shoes is uncomfortable. It is not so much the heal that bothers me but the strangulation I feel from straps. My feet have probably grown a little wider because they don't seem to be swollen. I hope they go back to normal after the birth so I don't have to get rid of all my shoes!

A funny thing happened the other night. Eric's parents threw a party for a friend and when Eric's dad was making a speech, little Oliver started moving around like crazy! I thought he was going to pop right out of my stomach. The only conclusion I can come to is that Eric's dad's voice sounds similar to Eric's (but louder) and Oliver thought it was his daddy talking. Either that or he has some strange innate connection with his Grandpa.

Eric and I went stroller shopping again last weekend. I can't believe how complicated it is to find a stroller. There are so many bells and whistles on these things. They even categorize strollers depending on if you are an urban mom or a suburban mom! Plus it is impossible to get a straight answer from any sales person. We thought that we had found the right stroller so I asked the sales lady if it comes with a cup holder on the handle. She then replied "no, Europeans don't think that mom's should be drinking coffee while pushing a baby in a stroller in case it spills on them." What??? Who said anything about coffee? Believe it or not, there are other beverages that can be put into cup holders (like a beer. Ha ha just kidding). So the saga continues but we will hopefully come to a decision soon.

No comments: