Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back to Blogging



After a very long hiatus I am back to blogging. I could try to retrace the last six months, but that would take forever and I might never finish. So instead I am going to start current and move forward...
However, I must first give a shout out to baby Finn who has not yet been mentioned in this blog. Sweet, wonderful Finn was born Aug 30!!! It was a tough, and very long labor, but it was all worth it. (I can now say that six months later!!) He is such a smiley, easy going baby. He still doesn't sleep through the night, but other than that is as easy as can be.


We just got back from our first trip as a family of four. I was a little nervous and stressed out at first, but it couldn't have gone smoother. We went down to Miami with Eric's parents to visit with Cristina's family. The flight down went really well. Oliver is old enough to entertain himself (with the help of a DVD player!) and Finn is young enough to still be content in a seat. We stayed at Cristina's for the first half, and in a hotel for the second. Finn had a little trouble sleeping at night but nothing major. Everyday we either swam in the ocean or the pool. It was a much needed break from our very frigid winter we are having.

At the petting zoo with cuz Cooper


After playing in the ocean. I could've sat like this for hours.


Finn playing with cousin Graham

Oliver is FINALLY potty trained. Woo hoo! I wasn't sure it was ever going to happen but about three weeks ago it all just clicked. It is so nice to no longer have to change two sets of diapers. I was a little nervous about the flight and accidents but he was amazing and had no problem. He prefers to go standing up which is great for using public bathrooms.

No comments: