We got accepted to our first preschool yesterday. Yay! After applying to 5 schools I was seriously worried that we wouldn't get into any. Applying for preschool in the city is like trying to go to college. One place (the one we got into) actually had an observation day where they observed Oliver to see if he was "ready". I was surprised that they accepted him because while he was being observed a little girl pulled him name tag off and he broke down in tears crying that he wanted to go home. I guess the 45 minutes prior to that of him running around giddy saying "preschool!!" made up for his meltdown. I have only heard from one other school and that one we are wait-listed at number 18. With only 10 spots available total, our chances are slim to none there. I am very happy with the place that we are accepted at and it is only three blocks from our home (double bonus). But I am still holding out for a couple more weeks to see if we get in anywhere else.
I had my 16 week doctor visit today. Everything seems to be well. In 4 weeks we have to big appointment where we find out the sex. I also have to start thinking about my "birthing plan" ie., c-section or vbac. Neither sound that appealing to me and I wish some one would just make a decision for me. At this point I am leaning towards a repeat c-section because the idea of possibly tearing open my old incision during labor REALLY freaks me out. But aside from that looming decision I a feeling SOO much better. The 16th week hit and I was like a new women. I still have bits of nausea but my energy level is so much better. It is so good that I think I over did it the other day by running a million errands and ended up falling asleep at 6:30 at night. I need to keep reminding myself that although I am energetic, I am still pregnant and need to take it a little bit slower than usual. I try not to carry Oliver as much (he does weigh 31 lbs!) But the less I carry him, the more he wants to be held. Oh well, atleast I know I will be nice and strong for number two.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment