
Oliver is into all things boy! He is absolutely obsessed with buses! Although I am not a big fan of taking public transportation, I have been taking every opportunity to hop on the trolley, bus, or el. Oliver will spontaneously yell the word "bus" for several days after we take a ride. As well as being obsessed with transportation and construction (there is plenty of that going on around here) Oliver also loves bugs. EWE!!! Last weekend I took him to the Winnetka fair and a Cicada land smack dab on Oliver's leg. Instead of freaking out and batting it away, as I had been doing all day long to myself, he simply reached down and plucked it off his leg and said "mommy, bug". My initial reaction was to yell "yucky! drop that" but then I realized that Cicadas are completely harmless, only come around every 17 years and there is not point in instilling as unnessesary fear on him. So he carried it around with him for about 5 minutes, got distracted, and dropped it on the ground.
So with all this love for bugs and public transportaion, I'd have to say that my little guy is somewhat of an environmentalist.
No comments:
Post a Comment