I can sum up the last couple of months with two words: COLD VIRUS, Never in my life have I been this sick, this often. We are lucky if we get one full week when none of us are sick. I have never been one to take a lot of medicine but since I can no longer baby myself when I am sick, I say "bring on the Dayquil!". The worst is when Oliver is sick because NO ONE gets a good night sleep. The poor guy has certainly had his fair share of illnesses. He had a chronic night time cough for two months. After consulting with his doctor on numerous occassions and trying everything under the sun, she wrote him a prescription for antibiotics guessing that it was drippage from a sinus infection. And...ta dah! It worked. He stopped coughing for two whole nights. And then he caught another cold. The positive side to all of these colds is that next year's cold and flu season should be gentler on us having built up a bit of an immunity.
Today we went to Egg-stravaganza at Soldiers Field where they dumped candy all over the field for kids to collect. Oliver had so much fun. He thought he was in heaven with candy boxes everywhere for him to open. It went a little something like this: Oliver would find a box of candy (eg. lemonheads) open it up, dump the candy out, I would take it away before he cold eat it, and then he'd move on to the next one. By the end of the morning I had about 15 boxes of candy stashed in my purse. Fun was had by all (especially Eric because he got to hang out where his beloved Bears play).
No comments:
Post a Comment