
Oliver turned two months old on Thanksgiving. We celebrated by me eating a lot of turkey and Oliver eating a lot of boob juice. Oliver had a lot of fun being hanging out with his grandparents and aunt Crstina and uncle Sal who came up for Thanksgiving.
We have had a lot of visitors this month. Erin came to visit two weeks ago. Her and Oliver instantly hit it off. I don't know if it is because we look and sound similar, but he seemed to take to her immediately. She is a wonderful auntie! After Erin left Felicia came in for Thanksgiving. It was really good timing because Eric came down with the flu and Felicia was able to help me out a lot since we had to quarantine Eric. She was so helpful, in fact, that both Eric and I begged her to stay another week. But, alas, work was calling and you can't make a living babysitting (eventhough we offered free room and board). We really enjoy having guests and can't wait for the next ones to come.
As I mentioned before Eric came down with a bad case of the flu. Poor guy was so sick that he had to spend the night at the hospital (I am waiting right now for him to be released). We have been pretty good about keeping him away from Oliver. I know that it has been really hard for the two of them to be apart from eachother. Eric has been dying to hold Oliver and it is so hard for him to stay away. Fortunately I think both Oliver and I have escaped from getting sick. I think breast feeding him has done wonders for his little immune system.
Since Eric was at the hospital and you can't bring babies there, I had to leave Oliver for the first time. Fortunately I had some milk stored up and was able to leave him with Kelly for a few hours. I knew that he was in good hands with some one I trusted so it wasn't hard at all. Plus it gave Kelly some practice for when she has babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment