Last night Oliver slept for 5 whole hours straight!!!! I only woke up once to feed him in the middle of the night. I guess my body isn't used to sleeping for that long because I now have a stiff neck. Oh well, I will definitely take the stiff neck for for 8 total hours of sleep.
I now know why women wear breast pads. If it has been more than two hours from our last feeding and Oliver starts to cry, I become a human milk fountain. I'm sure Oliver loves it because he doesn't have to work that hard for his meal. We call Oliver our little barracuda because he attacks my boob like a shark. It is the funniest thing. He does the same thing with his pacifier but then spits it right out. He doesn't like pacifiers and much rather suck on his fist (or a boob!). I had given up on pumping for a while because I was only producing about 1/2 of what he needed for a serving. But this new leakage problem may be a sign that I am producing more. I really hope so because being able to store up my milk will give me some much needed freedom.
My parents and grandmother were in town last week. It was so much fun to see them interact with Oliver. Times like this really make me wish that we were closer. I am sad that Oliver will be almost 5 months old by the time he sees his grandparents again. Erin is going to be here in two days!! I am so excited for her to meet her nephew and I just know that she is going to fall instantly in love with him. It is amazing how much joy babies bring to people.
Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment