We just got back from a week in southern California and had a great time. We went from Santa Monica to Santa Barbara to Beverly Hills to San Diego (just for the day). I hit up a couple of maternity stores and am now fully stocked in the pants department (for now, at least). I can't believe how much maternity clothes go for!!!! It's crazy. Fortunately the style now (for non-pregnant women) is very maternity chic. Lots of empire waisted shirts that are loose fitting and very long. I am going to try to get away with buying non-maternity tops for a while.
I had my third prenatal visit yesterday. It was pretty uneventful, which is a good thing. I took Kelly with me so she could hear the heart beat. I have been getting heart palpatations when I lie on my back. The doctor said they are from the weight of the fetus against some major veins and have been told I can no longer sleep on my back. Although I fall asleep on my side, I am always on my back when I wake up. I have now gained a total of 7 pounds. I gained 4 pounds in one month and I believe I can thank a week of vacation eating for 3 of those! (Coffee Bean Ice Blended drinks are DEADLY!)
My baby is supposed to be going through a growth spurt these next couple of weeks so hopefully I will really be showing soon. I have a lot of energy now but am a little tired from all of my traveling around this week. I have been feeling a little crampy which is due to the stretching of the ligaments that hold the uterus.
Saturday, April 23, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment