I had my first prenatal massage this week. There is an on staff massage therapist at my doctor's office so I decided to take advantage of her. It was very nice and relaxing but not as deep as I would have liked. When your are pregnant you have to lie on your side so it is harder for the therapist to really get in there. I guess they make tables that have a hole cut in them for stomach lying, but those are supposed to be bad for your back. Since becoming pregnant I have been experiencing a lot of SI (sacral-iliac) joint pain. I think this is fairly common due to the fact that your ligaments and joints loosen up. I have always had back problems so I think I may be a little more susceptible than the average person. I am a little worried about what will happen when I really start to put on the weight. Hopefully yoga and swimming will do their trick for me.
I am going to LA/Santa Barbara next week. It will be my first trip since right after I got pregnant. I am very excited to get out of here for a while. I am going to get to see a couple of friends while I am there. Lindsay is meeting us in SB and Erin and Juan just happen to be there as well for a wedding that weekend (Reichel and Susan will be there too!). I am also going to spend the day with Felicia down in San Diego. In LA I will get to see my brother and sister in-law and my one year old nephew, Romen. I can't wait to show them all my growing belly although there isn't much to see yet (maybe by next week...) It will be fun to go maternity clothes shopping in California. There are supposed to be a lot of cute stores in LA. I think it is funny that almost every pregnancy book says "to wear your partners clothes before you are big enough to fit into maternity clothes." I'm not sure what kind of crazy world they are in thinking of that a, your partners clothes will fit you and b, that you wont look like a total fool wearing them. Yeah, his clothes are most likely bigger than yours but his dimensions are a little different. I tried this advice out and tried on a couple of Eric's shirts that I had accidentally shrunken and he no longer wears. Well I looked a total freak. So unless your husband happens to have a waist, hips and breasts, I think this is really bad advice.
A really interesting side effect from pregnancy is dreaming. Not only have I had some of the most interesting dreams of my life, but I remember all of them when I wake up in the morning. I am always pregnant in all of my dreams no matter the situation. I had my first dream with a baby in it last night and it was a boy, hmmm... I really need to start keeping a dream journal.
Saturday, April 09, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment