I had been so tired recently that I thought I would never get that surge of energy that is referred to as "nesting" Well fortunately, it is here!! This is great since up until last Thursday I had done pretty much nothing to prepare for this second baby. I still have not packed a hospital bag but have promised myself that it will happen that week. Along with nesting I am starting to experience almost nightly boughts of insomnia. I guess i shouldn't be surprised as I had this majorly with Oliver. I still get very tired in the afternoon but am unable to nap as I have this incredibly long list of things I MUST do before the baby comes.
I am about as dumb as I have ever felt. Blame it on the pregnancy or the lack of sleep. But whatever it is, I really hope it goes away. I literally have to write everything down or else it simply slips out of my mind when the next thought comes in. One would probably get more out of a conversation with Oliver a this point since I have a hard time recalling everyday words such as, well, recall. (And I'm going to be in charge of two children????).
Baby update: He is head down and unlikely to move a this point. Which means a good ol' VBAC for me. Fortunately the doctor says that this is not going to be a big baby. Yay! I am not dilated as of last Tue and have my next appointment this Tuesday to get another update. I am feeling a little bit crampier but no major contractions yet. This is fine with me because although I am ready to not be pregnant anymore, I am not ready for life with two yet (will I ever be?) He is still kicking and gouging quite a bit. My bladder receives quite a few punches which is interesting. I feel a lot more movement with this baby than before because unlike poor Oliver, he has not been stuck in the same position for two months. If I don't go into labor by Sept 3, which is one week after my due date, I am scheduled for a c-section. I am still doing pilates but have pretty much stopped going to the gym. That stint only lasted about two months while Oliver was in camp so it probably didn't do much good. I really should cancel my membership!
On another note, we had Oliver's b-day party yesterday. It was two months early but thought that we'd take care of it before the baby came. Plus, we wanted to do a pool party and you never know if it will be pool weather at the end of Sept. It was a lot of fun and everyone had a blast. It is so fun to watch Oliver and his friends that he has mostly known since birth. This was definitely the best party yet and not a single tear was shed. I would give some more detail but. like I said, I am brain dead and it is 3 in the morn. So I will have to let the photos do the talking (plus I am finding it increasingly harder to type).
No comments:
Post a Comment