Today was the perfect example of the day in the life of toddler-dom. The morning started off nice, but early. Things were going quite well for the first half of the day until Oliver decided to make three HUGE messes. First mess: Oliver thought it would be fun to throw soup and apples sauce all over the floor (and wall and self). I was very upset and made Oliver watch me clean it up. Second mess: Mommy is on the phone. Perfect time to do, what else, but make a mess. Out of the corner of my eye I see Oliver carrying Tuna's bag of dry food over to his dish. I turn and run towards the food and as I'm screaming "NOOOO" the bag turns upside down and catfood is everywhere! This time I don't bother making Oliver watch me clean it up. What's the point? Third mess: Having yet another day with out a nap we had some extra time to kill before our class. We thought it would be a great time to make Oliver's 2 year old handprint in plaster. BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!! Trying to get a two year old to sit still and make a plaster mold of his hand is a VERY bad idea no matter which way you look at it. I reccomend to anyone who has one of these "handprint towers" that you should just skip year two (and maybe three). No amount of cutsiness can come from looking at that mold to make up for the enormous PLASTER mess you will have to clean up.
SO I wasn't doing so hot after this. Thankfully we had our preschool prep class this afternoon. It cooled me down quite a bit being able to hang out with our friends and watch Oliver thouroughly enjoy himself (the theme today was trains!) Then at the end of class the cutest thing happened...Oliver, Katie and Lexi held eachother's hand on the way to the parking lot. It had to have been one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I instantly forgot about how angry I was and could only think about how much fun it is to have a toddler.
1 comment:
ha ha, i just threw soup all over my floor too!!!! I had to watch myself clean it up which is even worse. Where is my mommy?
He seems to be quite the ladies' man.
xx
boots
Post a Comment