


It has been well over six weeks since Oliver has been referring to everyone and everything as "dada". He does have slight variations on the word depending on what he is talking about. For example: tuda=Tuna, Dadu=thankyou, dodo=doorbell, etc. As well as calling everything "dada", Oliver has also taken to waving to everyone. It is a lot of fun and really cute. It is especially nice to see the smile that he puts on people's faces when they get waved at. Occasionally we do encounter some one who neither waves nor smiles back. I just don't understand how you can refuse a little boy with a three toothed grin waving frantically at you! I guess we learn young that not everybody is nice...
Oliver dressed up as a chicken last week for Halloween. He had two occasions to wear his costume. First was for his best friend Katie's birthday and then again for a Gymboree party on Halloween. I was very impressed that he left his costume on and let me put the hood on just long enough for some photos. Next year we'll have to go trick-or-treating.
Oliver still isn't walking, but he's almost there. He is cruising with just barely a finger holding on and can balance standing up. In preparation for his walking I have started to babyproof our apartment. Locks on the cabinets, cushioning on anything sharp (pretty much everything in our apartment) and socket plugs. I am hoping that by Christmas he'll be walking on his own. All in due time...
No comments:
Post a Comment